I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

High on RTR

I remember thinking last year that Red Top Rumble may just be my favorite race of all time.
I like the small (400 people) group, the winding trails that wrap around the lake, and that delicious single track. I like that I've gotten lucky with good weather. Glorious weather, really.
I like the raffle by race number tent where I won my first random drawing prize ever. Usually I'm lucky enough to be the "random" winner at the airport screening area (Yes, I'd love you to go through all my stuff and no you don't have to fold it back the way it was, thanks!) or police check point or some other un-fun thing. But RTR? They have fun stuff at their raffle. Stuff like massages, shirts, race belts, snacks... (who doesn't love snacks?!)

The other thing I love about Red Top is that I am always inspired to do more after the run.
Not just in a "wow, that was fun, let's do it again because I'm really sadistic" kind of way... 
But yeah, that's exactly what I mean, who am I kidding?!

'Cause that's what I will be doing October 14. 

My race bag had adverts for other races. 
When they are all trail based, I am inspired to believe that I, too, can do them. 
Even when they are of distances that make my eyes bleed.
Like the Mystery Mountain Marathon.
Which is what I've just signed up for.

As a cascade of "holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit this is a lot of shit, what am I thinking? Holy shits" screams in my brain, all I can do is giggle and think "Man, I love this race".

(Evidently the half life of Red Top Rumble is way over 36 hours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment