I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Talking dirty at RTR

My favorite part about riding to races with other people is that things that would not be permissible at the dinner table suddenly become common place. 
Like, "when I did my Ironman, one of the Port-o-potties had shit mounded up above the toilet seat". 
"I mean, can you imagine? It was dark. What if somebody really had to go and they sat down?"

Um, I don't care how badly you have to go; it is NEVER ok to sit on a port-o-pot seat. Just sayin'.

When we got to the race start: "Oh my gawd; that one has poo over the water line! Eeeew."
This is more proof that we runners are full of crap.

So, yeah. 
After crying about how awful I was feeling the other day, I got up and ran. And then because a friend made running sound like fun (and because I was trippin about running 12 miles next weekend at race pace, I figured I'd better get my ass in gear), I ran again that same day.
And I will do it again next week.
Not the two a day cause that makes me cry like a little girl.
The night run part.

And then I ran Red Top Rumble today.
11.5 miles of awesomeness through the woods.
I think it's my favorite trail race.
Except for the fact that the women's t shirts are wicked short. I should prolly wear mine with a pair of mom jeans and call it good. Or hope belly shirts come back. 
I don't mean like belly shirts for teeny teenagers. I mean belly shirts for people with real bellies; the ones that can't help but to show it off like plumber's crack.
Sexy time.

I made new friends on trail and in the car on the way up.
(My apologies to those of you wanting to enjoy quiet time in the woods today. I understand that I may have been a bit of a Chatty Cathy on trail...)
The boot camp instructors I rode with today are hilarious! I laughed SO hard. They talk a lot of shit, but it's all in good fun. They also talk a lot about shit. Which is just par for the course when running.
Case in point: we drove around for an hour looking for a Starbucks that was open. (Le mega sigh. We are ridiculous, yes.) We then realized that we may have to drink conservatively as race time was near, and we all know what happens with coffee...
And then jokingly asking if a latte of an americano would make a bigger mess.

The run was 11.5 scenic miles that I was thoroughly unprepared for.
But I finished. 
With a smile.
 Man, I love that run!

BTW, I doubt I'll be walking tomorrow, so when you see me crawl by at a snail's pace, just smile and wave.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment