I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Wanna know a secret? 
I didn't go to water aerobics Thursday. I couldn't bear the thought of a) becoming a stuffed sausage getting into a swimsuit b)getting into water that wasn't immediately warm c) going anywhere.
I went for a walk around the block instead. 
I took the dogs. 
I was almost thinking I felt normal when a man stopped me to talk. More precisely, he stopped me and proceeded to yell at me from across the street about his dog and how she looked like my dogs. Except with stumpy legs. On his fourth repeat, I prayed Charlie would see a squirrel and take off after it, thus evacuating me from further attempts at conversation. 
When I finally I turned away, I began to cry uncontrollably. FOR NO REASON. 
...Stupid hormones.

Just when I was thinking I might be less cray cray today, Mike and I may have gotten into an argument. About baby laundry and which detergent to use. I don't remember all the details, but basically I was going to use All Free and Clear, like I've used forever, and he mentioned something about it being "safe for babies", and I was all "um..." and he was stressing about something else and insisting I not use the same detergent for our precious unborn, and I was amazed that he even thought about it, really.

Ten minutes later, I walked into my mom's house with an armload of baby clothes. And unlike every other female I know, she did not ask to see them. Instead, she said, "You going to do laundry? You know that All Free and Clear is safe for babies."
Faaaaantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment