I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

The journey back to my old pants, part 1.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I became pregnant and gained 70 pounds. SEVENTY POUNDS!
It may be the craziest thing I've ever done: My knees hate me, my clothes don't fit, I'm wearing stretchy pants forever, and I've decided to start weighing myself in stone. 70 pounds is 5 stone, which sounds less bad. We should start a thing.

Confession: I went from a size 4 to a 14 plus. I say plus because I refused to try on larger pants in the month after my son was born; I felt like a walking potato. And, never having been big-ish, I had (still have) NO idea how to dress myself! I don't know how to hide my hips and belly. The Georgia weather does nothing to help me because I turn into a sweat monster within ten seconds of walking out the door, so layers are out.

Three months into this motherhood gig, and the weight is coming off. 
Verrrrrry slowwwwwwwly.
So I decided to give it a little shove.
Enter Takeela. 
An energetic sprite (who is probably a bodybuilder),  Takeela teaches "Butts N' Guts" at the hole in the wall gym near my parents' house. And Oh. Myyyyyy.
I took her Monday night class a week ago. I think I recovered by about 5pm Thursday. My everything hurt. Like I've just started boot camp hurt. Only now instead of laying in bed or floating in the pool, I'm carting a kid. Up and down stairs. I die.
I'm totally going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment