I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Long Run Ready?

Coach Sadist tried to kill us. 
Again.

Part of the fun of being an instructor is that I get a little intel on everything. And this morning when Coach Sadist said, "Oh, yeah, don't worry, this won't be very hilly; we just have that one little hill where I'll make them do front to backs...", I foolishly believed him.

Normally, I like hills. 
This week has not been normal, though. I'm not sure what normal is anymore. Does it exist? I'm not referring to the nursing school ideology of needing to be more descriptive than "normal", but more of familiarity. Nothing is familiar or constant right now. And if I slow down long enough to admit it, this new territory is really hard.

So I fall back on what I know; I work out more and harder; this physical pain is easier to deal with than the emotional. And I'm feeling the pain big time today. Normally I take a day off over the weekend. Not this week! We had a special boot camp Saturday morning and then TRX Sunday... Coach Awesome killed herself, Other New Super Sweet (But Don't Call Her that 'Cause She'll Kick Your Ass) Coach Whose Name I Haven't Concocted Yet, and me with that class! 
(We were feeling especially awesome this morning...)

So I was supposed to do a long run today.... My favorite workout.
I was supposed to bring reflective/ light up stuff to wear ('cause, you know, wearing black in the wee hours is oh so sexy safe!). And I was supposed to do something else that I totally forgot (and am forgetting again as I write this!). 
This having to function in the early hours business is tough!!

So after no days off, plus some stupid hard workouts, I believed Coach Sadist when he said no hills.
What I didn't realize is that he has hill-dar. He can't help it; if there is a hill in a five mile radius, he will find it. 
And make us run it. 
On repeat.

Excuse me while I go die.

No comments:

Post a Comment