I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

30/30, v.2

Did I mention that yesterday was one of those days where things don't exactly go as planned?
No?
Yeah, well...
My sister and I had planned on going to the gym, then doing some shopping... 
9 a.m. found us at the walk-in clinic with her oldest, who spent the entire night coughing. (Poor girl has bronchitis.) We made an appointment for my brother- in- in law, who has a man cold. And then... And then.... And then it was noon before I got the run in.


But I did run.
And it was glorious. Perfect weather. 
Actually, it was a bit like running in Florida. But drier.
As I was running down perfectly manicured sidewalks (take note, Atlanta! They were perfect. No breaking of faces here; people pay too much for them to risk it, I guess), I was whacked in the face with... 
wait for it...
a lime. 
Seriously?!?
This place is nuts.


So I'm having this great run, and then I look down at my watch.
And realize I'm running along at my 5k race pace.
WTF?
Could all of my runs be like this? Please?!




Aaand then I got lost. On an out and back route. 'Cause I'm smart like that.
...Yeah.
I can't remember what my sister's house number is and everything looks the same. 
The. 
Exact. 
Same.
And yet so completely different from anything east coast.
I kept thinking I'd see her car, something that stood out.... And then I'd get lost staring at palm trees, dodging lime trees, and wondering if that white iron fence was before or after her house. Or was it that other white iron fence that I'm looking for?


Love, Dumbass.
(A.K.A. Yours Truly)

No comments:

Post a Comment