I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

30/30:2

Ah-ha! 
And you thought that becasue I didn't post yesterday, and it's late today, that I was failing the 30/30 before I began.
Well, you're wrong.
Yeah, I just threw that out there like that. Subtlety doesn't live here. I mean, in case you haven't noticed....
My boss lady from the summer work camp I "led" (it was more like herding cats) had this knack for doing that southern tact thing where I'd be having a conversation with her and before you know what happened, I'd realize that she'd insulted me (or someone in my general direction). And I'd like it. I am still smiling.
...Yeah. I can't do that.
I digress.

So, in case you missed it, I am trying to exercise for 30 minutes everyday this month. Yes, I know January has 31 days. I have a grace day. I need lots of grace. Especially since I don't exercise every day. I mean, not in a purposeful way. I am on my feet all day, so there is walking, but it's not aerobic or anything. Which is why I am doing this. To see if I can. Please feel free to join me!

My sister, Molly Marler of Pomp & Circumstance, will be joining me on this adventure.

Yesterday started with a walk with Charlie, my awesome dog. It was awesome. And beautiful. And then there were black- eyed peas and greens. And booze. Bailey's for the coffee, mimosas becasue... Because. There's no reason for mimosas. And beer. Ok, (for the first time ever) I didn't drink the beer. And wine. (I drank that.) There was football. And board games. And laughter. And then, before I knew it, the day was done. 
A satisfactory start to the year.

Today was 15 ff-fuh-fuh-freezing minutes of runnning with dog, 20 without (had to turn up the volume;   he can't hang). And 4 miles in total. And no booze. Which makes me a disappointing beer runner, I know. 
I will work on that. 
Like, now.

1 comment:

  1. woooohooooo! So proud of you. I was thinking and *channeling* you today on my sad little run... but then about 10 minutes in, I felt you. And I totally rocked it. 30 mins. Bam. Done. (methinks we should FaceTime about these adventures, and record them, then publish them on our blizogs. thoughts?) I LOVE YOU. Come back now!

    ReplyDelete