I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

running cold

Holy carp!
(insert picture of fish with halo)
It's f-f-fuh-fuh-freezing!!!!!!
I innocently peered at my phone this morning and was shocked awake when I saw the temperature. 
A blistering 21 degrees Fahrenheit.
Seriously.
And the wind chill?
Yeah, that was nine.
NINE.  
What?!?!? How is that even a temperature?
(I am officially dreading boot camp! Especially since I now have to hold still!)
My fingers were blue in minutes.
Even in Mizuno's Breath Thermo gloves. Which I love.
(Interestingly, I wore the socks and my feet were fine.)
I braved the frigid temps for 26 minutes. I couldn't hang. 
Also? 
I was slooooowwwwuh. Like I ran 2 miles slow.
Unless my watch froze.

I remember my mom talking about how much easier it is to run in the cold.
Yeah. 
There are limits to that.
Today was not easier.
Today was near impossible.
I did sit ups and push ups for my remaining 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment