I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

30/30:5

Today was insane. 
I put my life in a 10'x10' box.
Er, the part of my life that is not my dog, my running shoes, or school books. That part stays with me. 
Oh, and a picture of my dad. When he was in middle school.
The rest of it is locked up, miles from where I am now.

Now I sit and type this, as I take a break from preparing for tomorrow (because we couldn't wait until Monday for school to start like the rest of the university system. Nooooooo.), I am reminded of exactly why I am so sore.

I moved today. I rented a truck, and a storage unit, and I moved. 
All by myself. 
Well, not exactly. 
That Handsome Man helped me.  After I told him I couldn't marry him (yeah, that's what's been going on), he still helped lift and carry all my crap. Most of my crap, anyhow. 
I had loaded all of the boxes and was trying to figure out how to load my dresser in the truck when he showed up. And without complaining, he lifted and carried.

So yeah, I'm counting moving as my workout today. I wish I could count all of the reading I have to do as a workout. I'd have like 8 hours of workouts! It'd be amazing.
And I'm counting taking down all of the Christmas ornaments (they were hanging from the ceiling) plus laps around the store as my workout yesterday. Step up four steps, reach up, snip, step down. Repeat.  Cheap, sure. Barely a workout? Probably. But let's see how many times you can go up and down a ladder! 
This is not to say that every time I have a 10 hour work day that I will not do an aerobic workout.
But you know that feeling when you're getting sick? The sore throat/ fever feeling? 
I had that.
Plus, I overslept. 
I've never done that. 
Seriously. 
The sound of my alarm showed up in my dream. Which if you've never had that happen, is next door to total weirdsville. Like, I think it was something else. Like crickets. My phone alarm this morning was the sound of crickets (thank you iPhone for non-buzzer alarms). Only I thought it was a piece of candy being unwrapped. And then it was something else. And then I got very confused. 

Today I have a sore throat/ I'd like to stay in bed but have too much to do sensation. Boo.
I think I may die.
No, Ma, it's not a Man Cold. 
I really think I may die. In fact, I'm quite sure of it.
Just not today. I have too much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment