I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 1

OK, so that wasn't so bad.

If you consider swinging kettle bells not so bad.

I was afraid that going to boot camp would be somewhere between a) real boot camp and  b)signing up for dietary brain washing. Instead, I found a group of about ten people sleepily standing on the sidewalk. They were all shapes and sizes, and they did not match perfectly. In short, they looked like regular people.

Regular people who can kick my ass. As we jogged and sprinted throughout the workout, I was consistently one of the slowest. As I struggled through the workout, I was surprised to hear encouragement from the coaches who knew my name.

And they didn't yell at me. No telling me I'm not good enough or any of the real boot camp yelling- in-your-face-at-five-o'clock-in-the-am crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment