I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Dear 5am,

Dear 5 am,
So sorry I missed you!
I was very busy tasting ice cream samples and did not realize you had arrived.
Or that you left just as quickly.
I plan on seeing you tomorrow, though!
xoxo
I overslept.
By 2 hours.
And it was delicious!
Yes, delicious.
Morelli's chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and fudge delicious.
Salted caramel goodness.
Classic cool mint chocolate chip awesomeness.
Coffee with toffee sweetness.
I dream about food, evidently. And last night, it was ice cream.
My dream was so vivid I went to check the freezer and trash can for cartons.
Then I realized that would involve getting up.

All of this basically means I completely missed working out today.
Except that I decided to go for a run so my body wouldn't hate me for not torturing it.
And to work off my dream ice cream spree.
What is this world coming to?! Hate self for self-torture/ hate self for not?
There is no winning.

By the time I had my shoes on, I forgot all about the dream ice cream (which I totally almost called "dream cream") and proceeded to run faster than I probably otherwise would have, thanks to a running partner. Er, I tried to catch up to/ keep up with.
But running faster is supposed to make me faster, right?
I hope so! My 5K time is getting faster!
(Don't hold your breath, people. It's not fast- fast. Just fast-er.)
And I still got my butt kicked.
And I am still sore from last week.
(How??)

Dear 5am,
So, for really-reals, I will see you tomorrow.
Unless, of course, I am held up by curry, kimchi, or squash recipes.
Or ice cream.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment