I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

What counts as too stupid?

So for whatever reason, my body kindly decided that 3am was the appropriate time to wake up this morning. 
Yeah.
THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING.
Balls.
Who needs sleep?
I was awake from 3 to 10 till 5, when I finally fell asleep.
Finally.
Only I was supposed to be up at 5.
To run. 
Nine miles.
Uh-hunh.
Running buddy #1is all, "hey, you coming, or what?"
Niiiice. I hate being late.
(Thanks, Mom, now I'm neurotic. But that is a story for another day...)

Anyhoo, when we finally made it to our meeting spot, we decided that 9 miles would be down- graded to 6 so that M (a girl so sweet I would have to pinch myself to prove she's real- save for that wicked streak of sarcasm) could get to work on time.
Four of us headed out into the darkness, running together for the first time. 
Actually, it was just my first time. The others have known each other for a minute. 
Within a mile, we were joking and laughing. 

Yay! Fun running! Please don't let me do/ say anything too stupid!

We turned down one street and could hear the train. When we could see the train, it was barely moving.
And then it stopped.
Right in the middle of the intersection.
J: "We could jump it."
M: Uh, no."
Me: "Well, it's not going anywhere."
Two turned around.

"Let's go!"
And with that, I was over the train.
The others quickly joined me.

I've always wanted to jump a train.
Winning!


Um, what was that I said about not doing anything too stupid?


No comments:

Post a Comment