I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

new perspectives

I ran with a friend I haven't run with in for-ev-or yesterday.
What can I say? 
I was feeling like I had to step it up after R. went running after boot camp.
So I pretended like I was in high school (or still on my college crew team) and went for the two a day.

Aside from the momentary 
"where the hell are we?"/ "I think we have to go that way..." incidents,
it was a quiet run down streets I don't usually run on, though they are just a block or so away from ones I do usually run on. 
Which provides reason # three hundered zillion why I love running: new perspectives.

Only a block away from me: new houses, old houses; people wandering the street, lost; 
a runner, looking comfortable; lots of cars parked on the street; 
a car speeding (and I mean oh-my-I- thought-I was- gonna-get- run-over- by-sound fast), 
trash; dogs barking behind fences.

We covered five miles before I realized it.

I was hoping for a new perspective this morning when I rolled over, dizzy.
Not the perspective I was looking for!
I wanted to know how I'd feel after working out the morning after running the previous night.
I guess that one will have to wait. 
It feels God-awful.

I went back to bed.

Once this head fog dissapaites, I look forward to checking out more of my hood. 
I'm laughing at myself because I've lived here for over 10 years & am still discovering new things.
But I suppose this is a good thing, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment