I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

water buffalo

I'm too busy hurting to even bother complaining.
(Now that's just sad.)
Alls I've got is 
Handstands on the TRX.
That's right.
A feat of coordination like none other.
(And you've got to know I have NO coordination- that's why I run, remember?!)
And there were push-ups. 
In a handstand.
The thing with TRX is that it makes me feel like a kid on a playground.
It doesn't help that we actually do it on a playground.
It's maybe the only reason I think I can do any of it at all.


When I was a kid, my half brother would come visit for the summer and one of the things I remember most about those trips is how he used to do push-ups in a handstand, leaning on the door.
I very clearly remember thing that there was 
NO WAY IN HELL I'd ever do one.
And then today I found myself upside down, arms shaking, my face getting closer to the ground. 
The first one was definitely the best. After that, I think I went down maybe about two inches before collapsing.

Coach Awesome made it look so damn easy! 
After I fell over for the third time post push-up, I saw the other boot campers hanging out... on their hands... making it look easy.
I want it to feel that easy.
Instead, I am a water buffalo. Out of water.
No, not like this.


More like this.
On that note, I should call my brother and tell him I did a push up like him.
Not that I'm saying he's a water buffalo, too!
In fact, I think I will call him.
As soon I can get my arms to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment