I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Announcement

If I were to take a moment and be honest, I'd say that there is a  big shit storm in my life right now. 
Possibly, dare I say, a douchepocalypse?
As my world turns upside down, and I am left wondering what my next moves will be, (while still trying to maintain some form of focus on the ridiculously challenging classes I'm taking- silly nursing school!), I decided that I should exercise more. 

Exercise more as in, I went to a TRX class at The Studio. 

"What's that?" you ask. 

Oh, did I forget to mention that boot camp membership comes with access to the Studio at Brookhaven?!
Well, crap.

Announcement:
Boot camp membership comes with access to  Brookhaven Fitness Studio. 

So basically, it's a gym membership with the addition of outside classes/ personal training. And since I hate gyms, this totally works.

So anyway, I broke down and went to a TRX class yesterday.

Whoa. Back up. Hold the phone.
So over the last couple of months, I've gone from being one of the slowest people in camp to one of the faster ones 
(I KNOW... WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!). 
My weight has stayed the same, but the way my clothes fit has definitely changed. I can definitely do a push-up. I am not all fluff and muffin-y around the waist. I can get through most workouts without thinking I am definitely going to die.

At least, I could until this morning. 

The TRX class yesterday was awesome. And I loved it. 

I did not love trying to do sit-ups or hold a plank position for push-ups this morning. 

My body hates me.

Like, first three weeks of boot camp hates me.

Thank you, Coach Awesome; I'm dying.

And Coach I- Want-to-Make-Your-Workout-Harder-'Cause- I'm-Sadistic-Like-That, uphill sit- ups are SO not my friend. 
Thanks for holding my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment