I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pretend workouts

TRX rocks my world. 
I think I (finally!) get this business of flexing the core muscles to make the exercises easier. 
(Now that there is something that actually flexes!!)

Today we combined TRX moves, medicine ball (up and overhead), and jump rope. 
Well, after spending a few minutes getting tangled in the jump rope, I gave up and just jumped. 

I can pretend jump rope really well!

In fact, I may switch to pretend exercises from now on.

Today we graduated to (drum roll, please!) TRX burpees.
This is what they look like.


Well, sort of what they look like.
Mine weren't quite like that. 
There was no jumping on my hands. (Nor do I think there ever will be!)

There were, however, push ups with both feet off the ground. 
And my face did not hit the ground!
This is Major.
Especially after getting tangled in the evil jump rope.

Also, please know that medicine ball walk- overs are ridonkulous.
Think: I'm gonna do a push up position, then put one hand on the medicine ball, then the other, then one hand off, then the other; moving to one side to the middle, then the other. I should note that the balls are wee. Like shot put size (a little bigger than a softball). And they wiggle.
They bloody, effing wiggle.

My body hates me.

We went to get coffee after bc, and our hands were shaking. We had a contest. Hi, I Run Barefoot tied with Glitter for shakiest hands. My quads and biceps might win now. 
When I do my pretend workout, I will totally take them and their "oh, I'm so sore I'm shaking" selves. 
You'll see.

ooooh!
Tomorrow is college colors day!
Come out and support your school! It's free, it's fun, and you can show your school spirit!
See you tomorrow at 5:30 on the corner of Argonne and 10th!


No comments:

Post a Comment