I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'll try anything once.

This is a post from 3 weeks ago. What can I say? There are gremlins in my computer.




There is something to be said about the first time. 
I mean, I was so excited the first time I gave an injection, I about peed myself. 
Very contained excitement.

I'll try anything once. 
No, seriously. 
Anything.

*Mom, if you're reading this, earmuffs. Er, eye patches.*

Jump off the roof into the lake? OK. 
(If you know me, you know this white girl doesn't jump. So how it happened that I actually made the lake is beyond me.)
Top out a Corvette on Johnson Ferry Road? 
(Hey, I can't say everything I did in high school was all that smart.)
Drive Darrel Waltrip's race Car? Check.
Fly a plane? Yes. 
(And you should, too, given the opportunity. It is fun as all get out.)
Sex, drugs, rock and roll? You know this.
Snorkeling, rock climbing, surfing, skateboarding, whitewater canoeing = yes x 5.
Baking, home remodels (everything except electric; my hair is already crazy. Last thing I need is 110 volts.), gardening, jewelry making, camping, volunteering, collecting crap*, pouring iron... the list goes on.
*A side note about collecting crap: 
Me: That collection lasted about as long as driving that race car.
That Handsome Man I'm Seeing: What?! Who are you kidding? Have you been to your house? Do you know where you live?

The first times that really captivate me, though, are the ones that make me come back for more.

I guess that's one of the things I'm enjoying most about boot camp.
Every day it's something different. I like the "trying new things" part.

As I tried to post the other day but failed as technology eludes me there was a Gremlin in my computer,

"Every day we do something different. Yesterday I had my ass handed to me as we did a workout based on our triceps push ups. I hurt so badly afterwards, I couldn't type. My abs are still so sore and my arms are spaghetti.  Yet I dragged my sorry butt out of bed (I really should do something to make my bed less comfortable; it might make leaving it easier.) once again this morning to join the shenanegins planned for today.

I was rewarded with the fastest timed mile I've run since being on the crew team in college.

I'm thinking boot camp might have that rare appeal of making me come back for more."

Yeah, I'm still sore from that workout. I foam rolled my stomach last night (as proof of soreness/ stupidity). And I'm really not sure what I'm going to do next week while boot camp is on vay-cay. 
get lazy? sleep? mud wrestle? take up fishing or rock collecting? cry?
Who knows?!


1 comment:

  1. i love love love your writing style. its like i'm there! or you're here! either way = awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete