I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Train to Crazy Town

So one of the boot camp instructors and I have been carpooling. We meet a couple of blocks from my house. I usually walk up to our meeting spot... and then keep walking because I'm wound up about being late while he's all, "meh. It'll happen."

Anyhoo, there is some crazy shit that happens within a few blocks of my house.
One of the earliest "You Might be on the Train to Crazy Town If" sightings was two neighbors, fists out, screaming at each other. A third party was trying to mediate these goings on. They stopped screaming as I walked past their house, staring at me as though I was an alien. They resumed screaming as soon as I passed their property line.
Please keep in mind that I live in an older neighborhood. My neighbor on one side is 93. The lady on the other side of me is in her early eighties- and still mows her grass(!). So these neighbors who were yelling were not exactly spring chickens.

Another day I went past a house BLARING gospel music. I heard the music from two blocks away. When I could finally see the house, I discovered all the lights were on; the house was like Las Vegas at Christmas.
Only no one was inside.

Yesterday a house alarm went off. It took forever for someone to turn it off. A few moments later, I heard what I expected to be a cat or raccoon in some trash cans in a nearby house. I turned to see that it was a man.  A man who wanted to talk to me.

Greeeeeeeat.
It's stupid dark and early and dark and I'm not wake and you want to talk?! 

Um, no thanks.
Go back to bed sir.

In juxtaposition to Mr. CreepyTown trying to talk to me while I was sleeping, I did see a brown bunny scampering across the road shortly thereafter.

Today I was thinking about yesterday morning and how I'm glad that it didn't suck like it could have/ man, Mom's gonna wonder if I have mace/ do I have awesome kung-fu moves? I don't think I want to find out/ I should watch my shadow 'cause it extends like fifteen feet in front of me so if I see someone else's shadow.../ Crap. That shadow is only like ten feet... maybe./ I'd better double check...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh!

I scared all that is holy out of myself. 

With my shadow.

Yeah, it's like that. I passed between street lights and had multiple shadows, one of which was very short. 
And scary.

V happy I did not pee self. That would have been awkward.

1 comment: