I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm a slug. Or a whale.

Day-eumm!
My ass is sore. 
That Buns o' Steel business is no joke! I am still sore. 
Yesterday I was a gigantic slug during workout all day. It was one of those workouts/ days where everything just felt heavy
That soreness was amplified during this morning's TRX workout.
So, TRX is really all about core. 
Core that I don't have. 
I mean, yes, I have a torso, but as far as I'm concerned, I could be filled with fluff. 

Before I decided to go back to school for nursing, and my mind was corrupted with biology, I wanted to do a self- portrait from the inside out. I thought it would be fun to draw all the possibilities of the insides of myself. Being stuffed like a doll or pinata or with cotton candy/ pink insulation were possibilities...
I digress...
So TRX has been ridiculous. 

Coaches are all "use your core!"
Using one's core only works if one has a core to use.
They're v. funny 'cause I've got no core muscles.


Imagine being in a push-up position with your feet in stirrups a foot (12") off the ground. 
Now, those stirrups are wiggly little beasts! I'm usually the one laying on my stomach, trying not to cry. My arms shake as I try to push myself up. 

Kate = beached whale.


Now you get the idea.
So, this morning, as I'm imitating a beached whale, you can imagine my absolute shock as I actually did a push-up. 
On the TRX.

Whoa.


3 comments:

  1. woooohoooooooo!!!! SO proud of you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! i subscribed to the blog. this was the 3rd one I had read not sure why i did not sign up sooner.

    ReplyDelete