I'm not sure I can do a push-up.

Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Liar, liar, pants on fire

I am a liar.
A big 'ol world class lair.
I've been talking about how amazing boot camp is for a minute now. 
I'm all, "I love it! I have lots of energy, I feel great, I went down a pants size, my ass has not ballooned into an awesome shelf (like it did when I was a rower (serious mega-ghetto booty!)), I can eat, and eat, and eat....blah, blah, blah...."
Yeah.
I lied.
Not about that part.
All of that is true.
I lied about the "boot camp is easy" part.
"Cause it is decidedly not. 
It started when the alarm went off this morning and I thought the world had ended. See, normally, bc is 4 days a week. We had a make up day on Wednesday for that lightning storm we decided not to play in last week. So I've been up at 4:45 every day this week.
(I can hear you now: "Pobrecita!" Shush. Don't make fun.) 
Normally, this would not be a big deal, except that there have been no naps this week. None.
And I love naps.

I have no idea how I remained vertical this long. My sister's voice echoes in my head, "I'm dying!".

So, maybe my A game stayed at home today. Or wherever it crashed out. Or, maybe bc was abnormally hard. Either way, it freaking sucked. Not because the activities weren't fun or didn't keep me busy, but because I am dying.

I thought about sleeping in. I really did. 
But I'm glad  didn't.
Because then I would have missed this: 


I totes put this in upside down and I'm not fixing it. Oops.

One of the boot campers planted watermelons. LOTS of watermelons. He showed up this morning with a truck full of them.
And they are the best watermelons I've ever had.
They totally made today's torture worth getting out of bed.

I love boot camp! It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment